Smaller Bags of Deer Corn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smaller Bags of Deer Corn

Do you think the deer will mind having less food so that we the idiot consumer will think we are getting a better deal with smaller bags. Unreal that Wally World sells a 30lb bag for $7.37 a bag. WHEN WILL THIS CRAP END!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR_DEER View Post
    Do you think the deer will mind having less food so that we the idiot consumer will think we are getting a better deal with smaller bags. Unreal that Wally World sells a 30lb bag for $7.37 a bag. WHEN WILL THIS CRAP END!!!!!!!
    It won't end - businesses have been doing that to us for years now. Go to the feed store to get a real bag of corn - or fertilizer. Half the shotgun shells for duck hunting come in boxes of TEN.

It won't be too long you'll go to get a candy bar and won't have nothing but smell in the wrapper!!!!

I hope to get my corn straight from the field this year. I used to and then quit putting out much feed. Looks like I'll either get it from the farm or won't have any at all.

I guess they are trying to get the customer that wants some corn to pour out but doesn't wanna fork over $11 bucks to do it. If it gets too expensive it'll start being the only ingredient in those "3 day harvest" containers they sell for big $$$$.

Everyone if you are planning to feed corn you better stock up because $7.50 a 30 lb bag is going to be cheap in a couple of months. Most of the corn raised here in Northeast Arkansas ain't going to produce much per acre if any and what does make most will be flagged with aflatoxin, meaning you do not want to feed this corn to wildlife. It got too dang hot too quickly for the corn around here. The midwest (cornbelt) alot of acreage never got planted due to flooding in the spring and they also are combatting extreme temperatures as well. Due to all of this corn is going to double in price by fall. If this is what you depend on for hunting it is going to be a tough year. The nice thing though is due to less corn being put out everyone ought to see more deer due to them having to move more to find food.

Quote Originally Posted by CDay View Post
    Everyone if you are planning to feed corn you better stock up because $7.50 a 30 lb bag is going to be cheap in a couple of months. Most of the corn raised here in Northeast Arkansas ain't going to produce much per acre if any and what does make most will be flagged with aflatoxin, meaning you do not want to feed this corn to wildlife. It got too dang hot too quickly for the corn around here. The midwest (cornbelt) alot of acreage never got planted due to flooding in the spring and they also are combatting extreme temperatures as well. Due to all of this corn is going to double in price by fall. If this is what you depend on for hunting it is going to be a tough year. The nice thing though is due to less corn being put out everyone ought to see more deer due to them having to move more to find food.
    I've heard that and then I also talked to a supplier of my local coop the other day and he said that due to the increase in price there was more corn planted this year then any other year on record. It was more profitable for farmers to convert their soybean fields into corn and a lot of them did. He said that even with all the flooding there is the potential to have a surplus of corn this year - especially since they are talking about doing away with the ethanol credit. I'm not sure who to believe right now I guess I just hafta wait and see but I hope he's right! I spent over 1k last year on corn alone so this years receipt totals are going to be crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by snydedawg View Post
    It won't be too long you'll go to get a candy bar and won't have nothing but smell in the wrapper!!!!

I hope to get my corn straight from the field this year. I used to and then quit putting out much feed. Looks like I'll either get it from the farm or won't have any at all.
    That's the truth, go to the grocery store and look at all the food packaging that has shrunk the last few years. Heck, even motor oil is going that route. I am seeing more places that have 4 quart containers instead of the 5 quart container.

That is why Yarnells went out of business. A half of gallon got small all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by CDay View Post
    Most of the corn raised here in Northeast Arkansas ain't going to produce much per acre if any and what does make most will be flagged with aflatoxin, meaning you do not want to feed this corn to wildlife.
    Arkansas has maybe 500,000 acres of corn. The U.S has a projected harvest of 84.9 million acres for the 2011 crop.

It got too dang hot too quickly for the corn around here. The midwest (cornbelt) alot of acreage never got planted due to flooding in the spring and they also are combatting extreme temperatures as well. Due to all of this corn is going to double in price by fall.
    Don't panic over the price of corn yet.........

A number of factors combine each year to determine the U.S. average corn yield. Among those factors, temperature and precipitation during July are the most important, he says.

"Crop yield models have long confirmed the large yield impact of July weather. The most favorable weather conditions in July in the heart of the Corn Belt consist of temperatures that are modestly below average and precipitation that is about 25% above average," he says.

These are the kind of conditions that were experienced in 2009 and contributed to the record high U.S. average yield that year. Historically, such conditions over large areas have been rare, he notes.

You want to complain about shrinking just check chips out in store that's where they got ya. I saw that at Wally World too couldn't believe thought it cost more to put in smaller bags.

TSC has it for 7.99 per 50# when you can cath it in stock. Guy told me people were buying it by the trailer load.

Atwoods has it for 7.87 per 40# or 8.69 per 50#

Paid 8.70 for 50# had to buy 1 ton for price, TSC in NWA is $9.95 per 50#

I'd buy it off the farm. Some of that "bagged" corn at the stores was not sold due to aflotoxin, and it was sold to deer hunters.
    It won't kill a deer, they aren't gonna have a sole diet of corn, they will browse and get other food to go with the corn they eat. Deer seem to eat non BT corn better than the BT traited corn for some reason. But the coons really dont care!

what else have you guys fed other than corn or rice bran?

So why are you buying "Deer Corn" go to a Feed store and buy corn. its cheaper at the feed store. even cheaper than tractor supply. Deer corn normally has a fungus that makes it unusable for farm feed and you guys havebeen suckered. ZCheap your farm feed store this week. Normally no taxes on farm feed either.

I think we will see corn prices come down soon. Between S. AR and N. LA, I saw corn fields last weekend, that I have never seen in corn before. I know a lot of ethanol is being made from it, but corn prices should come down soon.

Here in Wynne Wally World had 40# bag of deer corn for 9.99 that is a rip off. i buy it from my cousin a lot cheaper off the farm if i don't get it free.

Ethonal the biggest ripoff ever! 1200 gallons of water to grow one bushel of corn. then planting, cutting, transportation and they claim it makes the gasoline go further? what is the production cost of one gallon of grain ethonal to dilute the gasoline with? Certainly over $4.00 per gallon~

When you boys going to figure out that Wal-Mart is the devil?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomworms2 View Post
    what else have you guys fed other than corn or rice bran?
    One of our great members that passed on a couple of years ago (CP) used something called tindle in his feeders. You would have thought he had M&Ms in the feeder with all the deer he showed cam photos off.

When the search feature is turned back on, do a search on his username to see his posts.

Sure wish he was still here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast